       Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 10:26:46 +1100
    From: Richard Gooch <>

    (d) why not do it in userspace anyway? I did that years ago, although
    I "moved" files to /tmp, but it would be easy enough to move to a
    garbage/$LOGNAME directory on the same FS.

    Absolutely, agreed. As I said earlier, there are plenty of user-space
    "rm" replacements, and doing it in the kernel is almost certainly not
    worth the pain.

    It might be worth it for the kernel to add a wakeup to the undelete
    daemon telling it that space is low and it should remove some of the
    deleted files, but I'd want to see how well a strategy of polling every
    minute works (or doesn't work) before deciding whether the extra kernel
    bloat was worth it.

    - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.019 / U:4.992 seconds]