Subjectnew "distro", of possible interest
Date
Hey Maestros

This version of cLIeNUX, a client-use Linux, is the one I'm going to
start mouthing off about extensively, and I start here.

Some aspects of cLIeNUX may be of interest to some of you, so it's in
good faith that I sway from the topic of this forum. I hope I don't
bore you.

cLIeNUX loop installs with a 887k 2.2.3 kernel with every filesystem type
and HD I could get in the image. dmesg is a mess. Hopefully a good
portion of what's in there will actually work. This is because the
bulk of cLIeNUX loop is a loopback file. It's 15 meg gzipped, 43 meg
ready to mount.
As such cLIeNUX should demo nicely on a lot of different x86 machines.

cLIeNUX is the core of a full distro that doesn't exist. cLIeNUX
builds and maintains itself, including the GNU C-only tools. Although
there's no X, cLIeNUX is quite useable for many kinds of development.

As an example of how cLIeNUX is different than other distros, the Root
floppy has a little script that puts up 2 Bash'es, and includes the
"manpages" for sh, mount, ld, cat and ed from the
"UNIX Programmer's Manual", AT&T 1971. Yes, 1971. With dmr's permission.

cLIeNUX is different.

Begin3
Title: loopcLIeNUX
Version: 19990325
Entered-date: 19990325
self-maintaining GNU/Linux with C-only gcc, runs and
builds 2.2 kernels. Lots of documentation in HTML, no X,
uses loopback file to demo or install from many different
filesystem types. Much simplified from other distros.

cLIeNUX attempts to provide docs in contexts where they
are most needed. As such, you are looking at the beginning
of the installation instructions. cLIeNUX loop consists of
3 files, cLoop.gz, cBoot and cRoot. The latter two are
install floppy images. You write them to floppies with dd
or rawrite.exe, boot with the cBoot floppy, and follow the
instructions from there. Other notes in INSTALL.ASC
cLoop.gz will be visible from any filesystem type that is
readable by the Linux 2.2 kernel, which probably includes
the filesystem of your current OS. cLoop.gz can also be
unzipped and mounted by Linux as is.
Included; Lynx, zgv, sc, modules, 2.2.3 kernel, libc5,
EPIC/splitfire, gforth, slrn, pmail, pppsetup,
SVGATextMode, Dvorak and azerty install