    SubjectRe: A mistake in Documentation/Changes
    > I don't think I expressed myself very well there, but my reading of
    > the text you quoted is that it states that upgrading to the latest
    > release of sysklogd fixes the problem of sysklogd segfaulting under
    > 2.2 kernels, and that "adding support for new features..." was a
    > side-effect of doing so, rather than helping with the problem quoted.

    Yes, that's how I understood the original text too.

    What I don't understand is the example after "new features like ". This
    example talks about powering off the computer at halt. This example has
    nothing to do with sysklogd AFAIK. And that's what I'm trying to say.

    Maybe there should be a different section about init/initscripts that
    make poweroff on halt work again with 2.2 kernels. I didn't find the info
    about the poweroff in the current Canges file.

    Meelis Roos (

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.018 / U:6.864 seconds]