Subject[OFFTOPIC] Re: GNU/Linux stance by Richard Stallman
George Bonser wrote:
> This just proves that GNU software is not really free. It is hung out
> there to entice you to use it and when you do, they spring the trap and
> try to lay claim to your success as their own.

This "proves?" This "proves" nothing. The only thing this comes close
to proving is that Ziff-Davis can once again deliver an ASCII bytestream
devoid of any real content save a single quote and the reporter's
speculation. It could have been better phrased like, "I went to a
conference, Stallman said the same thing he's said for years, and
people talked about it."

Could you point me to the clause in the GNU General Public License that
revokes a developer's priveledge to license software under the terms of
the GPL if said developer expressly disagrees with something a Mr.
Richard
Stallman had verbally expressed at any location on any date either prior
to or after the conception of the term of the license? I must have
missed
the section where one is legally obligated to think his same thoughts.

--
Shaw Terwilliger