    Subjectkmod or ppa problem?
        I seem to be having a problem with kmod. I compiled the ppa driver
    as a module (parallel port zip drive) and accompanying parallel port
    drivers as modules. I added "alias block-major-8 ppa" and "alias
    parport_lowlevel parport_pc" to /etc/conf.modules.
    This works as it should the first time I use the zip drive. 'mount /zip'
    causes kmod to call modprobe and load the respective modules. When im
    done using the drive I 'umount /zip', some time later, again as it
    should, kmod unloads the modules. This is where my problem begins.
    'mount /zip' instead of causing kmod to load the modules, produces
    "mount: /dev/sda4 is not a valid block device". 'lsmod' proves that the
    modules have not been loaded. 'modprobe ppa' does as expected and loads
    the correct modules, 'mount /zip' works. I can not get kmod to
    automatically handle the ppa module and dependencies, until I reboot. It
    works once then not again. I honestly have no clue what could cause
    this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.018 / U:8.684 seconds]