    SubjectModule Initialisation Data

    I noticed that under later kernel releases I can flag functions and data
    in modules as initialisation only so they are thrown away. This is good
    because I can throw away my hardware microcode which is fairly large but
    if I have any PCMCIA devices I need to keep it so that I can reinitialise
    the card later on if it is pulled out and inserted again. Is there a way
    to optionally flag initialisation code and data as non discardable at

    Tom Gallagher

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.036 / U:0.768 seconds]