    SubjectRe: Lockup with 2.2.3 on SMP system
    This has happened to me too.  Cheap keyboard or something wrong with my
    motherboard(I hope not). Every once in a while the keyboard stop responding.
    I just reach around, unplug it, plug it back in, and go back to work.

    On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, wrote:
    > After 4 Days and 5 hrs on a (1.2 load avg) SMP PPro system running 2.2.3 I too
    > have experienced a lock-up this morning. In my case the mouse worked OK on X
    > and I was able to "point'n'click" even I could read my email, but the
    > keyboard was completely locked out. Nothing in the logs at all.
    > I had a "top" running in another virtual screen that didn't show
    > any undue loads on any processes, and my ppp link was working OK,
    > as were a number of other processes (that I could get to with a mouse).
    > Even xawtv ran fine, but I couldn't use the arrow keys to fine tune
    > stations, nor did SysReq or Break operate. Total Keyboard lock out.
    > I had a peak at /proc/interrupts (running on another virtual screen
    > luckily) but again nothing unusual.
    > Once I existed out of X, I was dead, had to use the reset button.
    > Hardware is very stable (been running 3 years now - no problems).
    > If I can trap something I advise further.
    > Cheers, Grahame
    > --

    According to Microsoft KnowledgeBase article Q216641, Microsoft Windows
    95/98 are limited to an uptime of *exactly* 49.7 days.
    -- --UIN 23939474