    SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC]: MS Porting Office to Linux?
    In message <>, CaT writes:
    | > > Yes.
    | > glibc-2.1 has been (temporarily) removed, until some
    | > political issues are worked out.
    | Yeah. I'm kinda suprised about that not being resolved yet. Basically
    | you had to have been lucky. Either you got it before it was withdrawn,
    | you managed to find it in some dark corner of the net or you managed
    | to get it off a friend who got it. Other then that you're SOL.

    It's on one of Cygnus's machines still; I forget which.

    The "political" issue is that glibc2.1 can't be built with gcc 2.8.1;
    presumably it needs to be rewritten to be compatible with gcc 2.8.1 instead
    of requiring egcs.

    brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
    system administrator [WAY too many hats]
    carnegie mellon / electrical and computer engineering KF8NH

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.043 / U:95.696 seconds]