SubjectRe: Bug in 2.2.3
On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, George Bonser wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Nuno Loureiro wrote:
>

> > Hi!!
> >
> > Tonight, I found that doing a kill -9 -1 as a normal user kills root
> > processes in 2.2.3ac1.
>
> I take that back. kill -9 -1 seems to kill all processes associated with
> the user that runs it. If I run it from a telnet session, it seems I get
> logged out (Connection closed by foreign host). I am not sure if the shell
> process is being killed causing me to be logged off or if the telnet
> session is dying.

This is what it is supposed to do. It kills all processes you own except
the current one. When you log in using telnet, you end up using in.telnetd
as well as bash. Some versions of telnetd do not run as root so your
instance of the telnet daemon may get killed also which will log you out.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.2.3 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.051 / U:0.508 seconds]