    SubjectRe: DES module in kernel?
    "Theodore Y. Ts'o" wrote:
    > If someone has any knowledge to the contrary, please let me know, since
    > I'm very interested (for more packages than just Linux), but as far as I
    > know, source-level exports are quite different from the kind of
    > binary-level exports that is generally done for propietary software.

    For what it's worth, Netscape's lawyers seem to believe that getting an
    export license for 40-bit crypto _source_ is not feasible, although we
    can sometimes get away with 128-bit binary export without too much

    But I, too, would be pleasantly stunned to hear of someone getting an
    export license for crypto source from the US gov't.

    215599.46 179254.01

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.035 / U:3.508 seconds]