    SubjectRe: No connect timeout?

    On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Andi Kleen wrote:

    > What really happens is:
    > app calls connect()
    > socket is set to SS_CONNECTING
    > -> signal
    > ICMP happens in between
    > connect is restarted
    > sees sk->err returns and clears error but does _not_ set SS_UNCONNECTED
    > application retries connect
    > inet_wait_for_connect (because the socket is still SYN_SENT)
    > -> sleeps forever because no wake up happens and no error
    > is set because it is already cleared.
    > Here is the better fix which always clears SS_CONNECTING, I'm still
    > waiting for Jason's feedback on this one. Seems the "fix" to move
    > the tcp_set_state(TCP_CLOSE) out of the icmp error handler was worse
    > medicine than the original problem.

    Okay, the machine has been running for a whole day and a half now and
    there is not a single stuck ftpd! So I think it is likely that this patch
    did something positive in my instance.

    > Now still to find the pkt_too_big to self and copied < acked problems
    > Jason reported. Alexey, do you have a theory for the pkt_too_big to
    > self?

    I am still getting massive numbers of that message. The tcp_data message I
    have not seen anymore which is odd, it was very frequent two days ago.
    With the extra print outs that Andi asked for:

    sending pkt_too_big to self totlen=1500,pmtu=576
    sending pkt_too_big to self totlen=796,pmtu=296
    sending pkt_too_big to self totlen=1500,pmtu=296

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.021 / U:160.432 seconds]