SubjectRe: struct stat
Andreas Jaeger:

Just use the glibcbug script that comes with every glibc installation
to report a complete bug report.

<rant on>
Why can't people read? The glibc source distribution contains a
README, a FAQ, an INSTALL file,... and installs the glibcbug script for
bug reporting. You can even (ok, that doesn't work with some glibc
2.0.x versions) execute your libc, like /lib/libc.so.6 to get
information about it.
<rant off>

Hmm - interesting - can one execute /lib/libc.so.6 these days?
Do you think anyone would have guessed that? Would have thought
`Hmm, what is the address of the libc maintainer,
let us say "/lib/libc.so.6" to find out!'
?

It is cute, and now that you have told us this some more people
know about it, but to start ranting about ignorance..

What if there is a bug in libm? Where do I tell about that?

% libm.so
Segmentation fault

No cute libm today.

Also, files that are available at installation time only are not
a good reference. So what is a good reference? Perhaps man pages
(but GNU doesnt do man pages, and even deletes them when available,
like in the case of the time stuff) or info files. Let me try "info libc"
on a reasonably recent RedHat system (maybe 5.0 or 5.1 - I forgot).

* Error Reporting:: How the GNU Library functions report error conditions.

no, that is not it. But 23 pages later:

* Reporting Bugs:: How to report bugs

Yes!

: There are probably bugs in the GNU C library. There are certainly
: errors and omissions in this manual. If you report them, they will get
: fixed. If you don't, no one will ever know about them and they will
: remain unfixed for all eternity, if not longer.
: Send bug reports to the Internet address <bug-glibc@gnu.og>.

But then, when I report errors, I get

550 <bug-glibc@gnu.og>... Host unknown (Name server: gnu.og: host not found)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.045 / U:0.700 seconds]