SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC]: MS Porting Office to Linux?
On 12 Mar 1999, david parsons wrote:

> In article <linux.kernel.Pine.LNX.4.10.9903121114360.309-100000@laptop.n3ryb.ml.org>,
> <asethman@mandate-inc.com> wrote:
> >
> >http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2224863,00.html
> >
> >The unthinkable may be happening folks.....Bloatware can exist on Linux
> >too.....

Is Microsoft now running Hotmail on Linux? I heard so, and lynx reports
the server to be Apache. I think this is bad news. It's showing that
Microsoft isn't afraid of Linux, and they don't think it to be a threat.
However, since it is quite a threat to everything they stand for, I think
they're probably just trying to look like they're not afraid. They know
they wouldn't have anything to do with it if they were afraid. They know
that if they port products to Linux, many new users would go straight for
it, and it would hardly benefit Microsoft.

Eastman: He came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing RANDO!
Ewan Dunbar
northsky@ix.netcom.com
http://earl.thedunbars.com/pmah/index.html