SubjectRe: MP3 skippety skip skipageness
I just replayed the mp3s I use for my alarm clock still no skips. Perhapse
the problems are restricted to certain players...

Mpg123 was the first player that I could find that was well behaved on my
system. If you want to see if it's any better behaved email me privatly.

Gerhard

> I was unable to make mpg123 skip under 2.2.3 this morning, either
> unloaded or loaded. The loaded case was a load average of 3 (10% idle)
> and included a kernel compile, writing a cd, playing mp3s with mpg123,
> converting mp3s and some other nonsense while reading mail.

> > >The only thing that works properly for me is either x11amp or amp-0.7.6.
> > >
> > >amp-0.7.6 was compiled to do realtime stuff and has to run as root.
> >
> > I tried several mp3 players - all seem to skip to some extent.
> > None of them ever skip except very occasionally on a busy system
> > in 2.0.x. So therefore it is definitely something wrong, and not
> > an issue with a maxed out system or some such.
>

> -

gmack@imag.net

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.