    SubjectRe: The kernal itself is low level assembly language
    Date
    In article <36C0DB78.4F0031A9@pobox.com>, Mark Lord  <mlord@pobox.com> wrote:
    From this evening's chat session at msnbc:
    >>[Chris_MSNBC says]:
    >> <Eric Murray>: what programming laungauge is used in linux, is it all C
    >> code? What do you think of Java, and will any launguage replace C as
    >> the dominant language
    >>
    >>[Linus_Torvalds- says:]
    >> The kernal itself is low level assembly language....it's just how things
    >> are done.

    Oh egads.

    I wasn't actually typing - the company firewall makes that impossible,
    and I don't like irc anyway, so I was actually on the phone to people
    and they transcribed.

    Is there a transcript anywhere, just so that I can check?

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.019 / U:91.680 seconds]