    SubjectRe: clone, signal and pids
    Luis Irun (lirun@iti.upv.es) wrote:

    > My question is:
    > Ok, Linux allow to clone a process sharing the pid but not the
    > handler. Then, Is this not the correct behaviour for signals to be
    sent
    > to both processes?
    > I think NO. This wouldn't be consequent whith the semantic for the
    > signals in unix.
    > I think the wrong step is allowing the clones to share its pid's.
    >
    > What is the meaning of share pid's? I don't find any meaning for it.
    >
    > What do you think about this?

    The Linux process clone() call was implemented to support implementation
    of the POSIX pthreads standard. The standard requires that threads have
    the same pid, and that a signal be sent to only one thread if more than
    one hasn't blocked it.

    Ben

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.019 / U:0.144 seconds]