SubjectRe: IDE-SCSI Hard Crash
On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Meelis Roos wrote:

> > This has been observed under WinXX and DOS on various chipsets.
> > The worst case is a cd-cd copy. The so called fast ide-cdroms spin up and
> > down and the delays with cause the buffer to underrun.
> But why doesn't the buffer overrun happen with DMA off?

I don't know at the present time why, but it does.

All of my conclusions are based on repeated imperical evidence. Having
many coasters to set things on, since I ran out of #6 field load.

Andre Hedrick
The (NEW) Linux IDE guy

You just need a bigger hammer, or learn how to swing the one you have better.