    SubjectRe: IDE-SCSI Hard Crash
    On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Meelis Roos wrote:

    > > This has been observed under WinXX and DOS on various chipsets.
    > > The worst case is a cd-cd copy. The so called fast ide-cdroms spin up and
    > > down and the delays with cause the buffer to underrun.
    > But why doesn't the buffer overrun happen with DMA off?

    I don't know at the present time why, but it does.

    All of my conclusions are based on repeated imperical evidence. Having
    many coasters to set things on, since I ran out of #6 field load.

    Andre Hedrick
    The (NEW) Linux IDE guy

    You just need a bigger hammer, or learn how to swing the one you have better.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.032 / U:2.804 seconds]