    SubjectRe: Loopback block device encyrption....
    Date
    Daniel Zahn wrote the following:

    > List,
    >
    > I am not subscribed so please CC or address any responses to me
    > directly. Thanks.
    >
    > I was succesfully using the des patch found at
    > ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/Linux/BETA/loop/des.1.tar.gz to get encrypted
    > file systems using the loopback block device with 2.0.X kernels.(This
    > patch isn't as direct an installation as it says) I never got around to
    > trying it with 2.1.X kernels.
    >
    > I recently acquired 2.2.X kernels and noticed that the loopback block
    > device has gone through a few revisions. The above des patch obviously
    > won't work. It looks like the thing now supports many more types of
    > encryption. The problem is there is nothing indicating where to find the
    > files to use those types of encryption. They don't seem to come with the
    > kernel. Could someone point me in the right direction?

    try ftp.kerneli.org (ftp://ftp.kerneli.org/pub/kerneli/v2.2 specifically)

    They've got a patch that'll get you a fair few encryption loopback
    schemes going. I'm using it now (for the hell of it ;) and my box
    isn't crashing.

    --
    CaT (cat@zip.net.au) URL: http://www.zip.com.au/dev/null

    There was farting in the air that night,
    It lit so bright,
    Fernando...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.019 / U:2.704 seconds]