SubjectRe: Kernel interface changes (was Re: cdrecord problems on
simply as another data point (and also because i don't know who else from
michigan may be listening in on this thread), i used to work for the
university of michigan. AFS is a pretty big thing there too, and getting
a stable AFS client running on Linux would be important to decision-makers
there (also 32-bit UID support, but that's a whole other bait can).

i know Linus was just picking on AFS as an example, but AFS is one of
those weird support issues -- not many people use it, but those who do,
depend on it for everything.