SubjectRe: Kernel interface changes (was Re: cdrecord problems on
David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> writes:

> How come, that if IBM doesn't make a penny from AFS, they don't release
> the source, so that we can include it in the kernel?!!?!

No, I said they don't make a penny from Linux-AFS; they _do_ make
money off of AFS for other platforms. Linux-AFS is a derivative work
from AFS, so the sources are still copyrighted by IBM and, indeed, the
Linux-AFS source tree contains the sources for all the other AFS
platforms as well.

It's a good thought -- I tried to go down that route. I was happy
just to get IBM to allow me to distribute BINARIES for free!

-derek
Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board (SIPB)
warlord@MIT.EDU PGP key available