SubjectRe: PCI Token-ring cards
Date
> > > Does anyone know if the IBM Tropic token-ring driver supports the PCI
> > > token-ring cards, in particular, the newer 100/16/4 cards?
> >
> > The TR driver maintainers have only recently been given access to the API
> > for the chipsets used on these. BTW, what is '100' TR? I've not heard of
> > this.
>
> 100 Megabit Token-Ring. This is BRAND NEW, I just got a few of the cards
> in this week for some machines, and the drivers that ship with the crad
> for Windows/OS2/etc are the ones that have only been up on teh website
> since december, I suspect these cards hit the market at the beginning of
> the year. I'm dying to try the 100Mbit. Basic scoop is that they will do
> 100mbit over Cat 5. About time IBM delivered on their promises of 100Mbit.

I believe Madge is offering Linux drivers for their Ringnode Busmaster PCI
cards on their website - in an encrypted archive file!!

I don't know what it will take to get them to open those drivers up to us,
but I'd sure LOVE to see the high performance cards supported!

Tim

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.062 / U:0.344 seconds]