    SubjectRe: NFS in 2.2.1-ac3 - cache not synched ?
    Date

    > > It writes a 1,8 Gb file, rereads it, then unlinks it and exits (iozone
    > > test program).
    >
    > Ok
    >
    > > Once the file has been unlinked, I verify that it has disappeared on
    > > both ends (serveur and client). But a 'df' indicates that the space
    > > is still used (ie, there is still 1,8 Gb used on the serveur partition).
    >
    > That sounds like the handle is being cached. Unfsd also has this feature
    > but releases a handle in 30 seconds. Im not sure what knfsd does with
    > timeouts.
    >
    > How long did you leave it ?

    A long time !

    > Alan

    In fact, as long as I do not create any new file (or umount/mount
    the NFS partition), the handle seems to be cached.
    If I create a file from another NFS client, it takes a long
    time for the creation to happen (the server is freeing the
    space before doing some creation).

    On the other hand, issuing a 'rm' on the client is almost
    instantaneous, even for the 1,8G file (since the blocks
    are actually not freed). But it takes a long time for
    the next access to begin. And since some tools tests
    for the available space before creating files, I am not
    sure it is advisable to delay the actual freeing up to
    the next operation.

    A+
    --
    Thierry Danis