    SubjectRe: RMS at it again *sigh*
    On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Alex Buell wrote:

    > I just read an article by RMS in which he is thinking of changing
    > libraries over from the LGPL to the GPL. This will have the unwanted
    > side-effect of driving commercial interests away from further ports of
    > proprietary software (potentially deny these ports' future conversion to
    > open source)
    > RMS's article is at
    > That man is starting to worry me. If he forces certain critical libraries
    > such as glibc into the GPL instead of the current LGPL, it spells deep
    > trouble for all.

    IMHO, he is a paranoid... LiGNUx, GPL for libraries, making commercial
    programs impossible on Linux... It's not a boost for a free software, it's a
    suicide for Linux :-((

    Serguei Koubouchine aka the Tamer < > The impossible we do immediately.
    e-mail: SK320-RIPE < > Miracles require 24-hour notice.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.021 / U:19.156 seconds]