SubjectRe: linux capabilities and ACLs
On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> > Would there be any interest in a kernel-doc list? I'd
> > be happy to set it up and take some traffic out of the
> > linux-kernel list...
>
> This sounds like a fine idea. It's a list which is clearly
> distinct from linux-kernel, people won't post to the wrong list
> through ignorance and I don't think kernel-doc would suffer from
> having a different readership to linux-kernel.

The list is set up.
<kernel-doc@nl.linux.org>

You can subscribe by sending a message to majordomo@nl.linux.org
with a body of "subscribe kernel-doc".

> I'd prefer it to be on vger so that people who ask vger for what
> lists it runs find out about it. On the other hand, perhaps
> people don't find out about lists that way any more *sigh*.

Besides, vger is just too busy and has a little bit too
much lag for my tastes. We need a second server anyway
(and someone to set up a web page with pointers to all
lists).

> Yeah, just set it up and advertise it on linuxhq & so on.

I don't have much time to do the advertizing :(
Could somebody else take care of that? (and lead
the newbies out of linux-kernel so that the gurus
can proceed with the debugging)

Btw: any hacker with wet kernel dreams can send
their stuff to <linux-future@nl.linux.org>, another
list created to let hackers ventilate their brain
without suffocating the linux-kernel crowd...

cheers,

Rik -- If a Microsoft product fails, who do you sue?