    SubjectRe: howto disable auto route setup?
    Date
    Hello!

    > Why is that and where can I get documentation on the ip
    > program?

    Builtin helper, intuition and common sense 8)8)8)
    Actually, it is too well documented, some folks managed
    to discover some features, which I'd prefer to hold down
    for a time 8)8)

    > Specifically I have a problem where I seem to need to
    > set a src addr on a route which means I need to use ip rather

    Ahh, please, send me ifconfig ippp0 and ip addr ls dev ippp0.
    It is very strange situation smelling pretty bad.

    > than route, but I also need a metric.

    I think, you use an old version of iproute2, issued
    in the time, when kernel had no metric.

    > "ip" seems to call that "weight" but how do I set it?

    "weight" is not metic, it is relative weight of nexthop
    in multipath route.

    > And why doesn't "ip route"
    > show any weights/metrics even though "netstat -rne" does?

    Get more fresh one.

    Alexey

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.059 / U:1.928 seconds]