    SubjectRe: Linux-2.2.X/Dec-CelebrisFP-590: not booting

    [snip of details]

    I <> wrote:
    > I had the same problem with a K5 -- I changed a bunch of options
    > (almost at random) and finally got it to boot. The options I suspect
    > the were causing my hangs are one of the following:

    [Snip of totally wrong guess]

    OOops - it turns out I also changed CONFIG_SBPCD=y to CONFIG_SBPCD=m
    and I had an append="sbpcd=0x630" in my /etc/lilo.conf -- the sbpcd
    driver now requires two paremeters and the kernel will hang during
    boot if it does not get them, recompiling sbpcd into the kernel and
    changing my /etc/lilo.conf to append="sbpcd=0x630,0" made everything
    work. My apologies if anyone wasted any time on my faulty

    If we are not to make the kernel (or sbpcd) more forgiving about
    outdated append lines, would it not be wise to mention this in

    Anyway it works great, now to go back and put all the
    config choices the way I wanted them :-).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.019 / U:43.292 seconds]