SubjectRe: 2.2.2: 2 thumbs up from lm
Date
: > what misfeatures (if any) does it fix?
:
: Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say it fixes misfeatures. It's more
: about optimsations. It basically a result of the RT queue work I did,
: which showed that performance is being hampered by cache line
: aliasing.

I hate to reopen this thread, but can you please produce someone other
than yourself or one of your pseudo-RT friends, who believe that they
have the problem that you are fixing. Actually, I don't care if you
produce said person, I'd just like that person to step forward and say
"yes, the scheduler is a problem for me and here is why".

If you want to hack the scheduler for your own needs, that's great, have
the big fun. But if you want to tinker with that part of the system
which effects every single user, then it would not seem reasonable for you
to provide some examples of people who want this fixed? Fair enough?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.043 / U:0.104 seconds]