SubjectOops in 2.2.2 when mounting a fat fs.
Hello all.

I'm getting an Oops every time I mount a fat fs, be it
msdos or vfat. If I try to reboot it hangs when trying
to umount the filesystems. Hmm, said I, there was some
talk on the list about having trouble with vfat. Don't
remember a mention about msdos too, though. I'll check
next time I'm online, meanwhile I'll go get my (first)
real bug report ready. Surprise: ksymoops jumps out'a
compilation with an "oops.c:38: bfd.h: No such file or
directory". Now, bfd.h rang a bell too so I decided to
wait until I was online, and look for both these items
in http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel.
However, I found nothing about the bfd.h relating to a
ksymoops compile, so that much remains a mistery. Next
I went in search for the vfat thing, saw it, cursed my
memory for it was unrelated (it's something to do with
name completion). So now I'm stuck with having to do a
"ksymoops" by hand, plus cut-and-paste fun with telnet
and PINE (*) to get all the different parts of the bug
report to y'all. (Not exactly my idea of holidays). Or
I can moan to the list and hope the bug is a seen-that
-here's-the-fix issue. Guess which one I'll be doing?

Cheers,
John.

(*) see my previouse mail Re: [TEST] v.1b.
I hope this is the second time you're reading this
but somehow I doubt it.

--
My old email address is lenton@famaf.fis.uncor.edu
It works, but is deprecated. Use hal.famaf.unc.edu.ar

<PLUG>
Does anybody have a fpu for a 386dx/33 rattling around
going cheap? My pentium went up in smoke, and this 386
is a *pain* to work with.
</PLUG>

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.236 / U:0.008 seconds]