Subject[Semi-OT] strace for new kernels
I admit this is not exactly on-topic, but here goes.  If you object,
please suggest another forum in addition to your flame. (c.o.l.misc and
.development.system have yielded no response.)

strace 3.1 doesn't appear to contain support for system calls added in
recent kernels (rt_sigaction and such). Neither does 3.1.0.1 (just a
few lines changed), and I haven't been able to find anything newer (and
these are both from 1996). I have seen posts here that show straces
including new system calls, so I assume a newer strace exists, or
patches to the existing one. Does anybody know if this is true, and if
so,
where I can get such a beast?

If not, I may start adding the support, but I'd sure like to avoid
reinventing the wheel. (Is jrs@world.std.com still the maintainer,
btw?)

Feel free to reply by e-mail if convenient, and thanks in advance.
--

Nate Eldredge
nate@cartsys.com