    SubjectRe: Linux and NT Workstation 4.0
    Lately, H. Peter Anvin announced:

    > Followup to: <36D36CAB.6512F263@redshift.com>
    > By author: Jeff 9360431 <aatheus@redshift.com>
    > In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel
    > >
    > > What I need to know is if LILo will boot the NT kernel the same way it
    > > boots the Linux and Windows 95 kernels. Otherwise, my system will get a
    > > major screwing-over. Has anyone else tried this and been successful? Or
    > > is NT's boot code too stubborn for LILO to load?
    > >

    > It won't, but you can coax the NT boot code into booting LILO.
    > Basically, the boot= option in LILO should point to your Linux
    > partition (not to the MBR), then after each run of LILO you need to dd
    > the LILO boot sector to a file on your FAT (or NTFS, if you're gutsy)
    > partition that you then specify in your boot.ini (I think it's called)
    > file...

    I had a win98 and linux partition running using LILO to select which one
    to run, and then installed nt on the system. LILO then
    let me select between windows and linux. When I choose windows the
    nt loader starts and allows me to select between nt or win98...

    Guess the same should be possible if nt is already installed...

    -Marcel