SubjectRe: 2.2.2 compile failure
Date
Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org> wrote:

>> Sure, but socket filtering is needed to be able to run the ISC DHCP
>> server and client.
>
> Uh ? Running isc dhcp server here without socket filtering
> perfectly...
> I don't know (yet) of any applications using the LSF anyways...

What version of ISC DHCP are you using? The latest beta version
(2.0b1pl14) does require socket filtering (CONFIG_FILTER=y). From the
README:

LINUX: PROTOCOL NOT CONFIGURED

One additional Linux 2.1/2.2 issue: if you get the following message,
it's because your kernel doesn't have the linux packetfilter
configured:

Can't install packet filter program: Protocol not available
exiting.

If this happens, you need to edit your linux kernel .config file, set
CONFIG_FILTER=y, and rebuild your kernel. If the preceding sentence
made no sense to you, ask your Linux vendor/guru for help - please
don't ask us.

I experienced personally this problem.

By the way, if you use Debian I have just uploaded to master this new
version.

Regards,

Eloy.-

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.039 / U:0.152 seconds]