SubjectRE: howto disable auto route setup?

Point-to-Point interfaces are semantically different from broadcast
interfaces. By definition, a broadcast interface indicates that all hosts
that are in the same subnet, as defined by the IP address and netmask for
that interface, are locally reachable and do not need to be routed through
another device. Why a route to the network is automatically
configured for a point to point interface as you indicate above I can't
answer. I don't think it should be. However, the same IP and netmask
configured on a broadcast interface should automatically add the
corresponding route.

It seems that people who have problems with the automatic creation of a
route are all using point to point interfaces, no? If that's the case,
can't the implementation be changed so that for point to point interfaces an
automatic route is not added, but for broadcast interfaces it is? That
seems to be the way most others implement it.