SubjectIP aliases and 100MB NIC
Hello,

I have been running linux servers in our company for couple of years now
and they are awesome. Since the start of 2.1.x kernels I have been trying
to move all my machines to 100Mb Network cards. Almost everyting worked
except for my Web server. Every time I try to put aliases to a 100Mb nic
problems arise. I am unable to connect to any of the aliases I asign to
the card. On a 10 Bt card it works without a glitch. I tried IntelPro
100B, Netgear, SMCII and Dec cards. All of them arise with same problems.
With one ip number cards work great , but with aliases they dont allow me
to connect to any aliased ips. I use BayNetwoks 350T switshes (10/100
auto sensing). I have replaced cabeling twice but no help...

I have upgraded the Web server to 2.2.1 and tried to swith the cards and
everything failed again.

Please help!!!

Thanks
Fil

P.S
Hardware Intel Pentium 200MMX
NIC's Netger FA310TX or IntelPro 100b or SMC II or DEC PCnet
3com 3c509
Adaptec AHA-2940
128Mb RAM