    Subjectstrange printing behavior

    Since Linux2.2 I have to reboot my computer just to print.
    I am printing quite seldom, therefore I switch my printer only on just
    before printing and switch it off, when I am ready. This worked
    pretty well with the 2.0.x-Kernels.
    Since Kernel 2.2 the kernel seems to detect the hardware on lp* while
    booting, and if I switch on the printer later, the kernel ignores it
    and I can not print without a reboot.
    Is this really intended? Why?
    I have everything in my kernel compiled in, not via modules.

    PS: please note, that I am not a subscriber of this mailing list and would
    appreciate a comment via email :-)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.018 / U:22.112 seconds]