SubjectRe: fsync on large files
On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Jordan Mendelson wrote:
> Dan Hollis wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Manuel J. Galan wrote:
> > > What happened with ReiserFS ?
> > Its still highly experimental. And it doesnt do logging.
> There is a log-structured filesystem for Linux, it's called dtfs and is
> available at http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/czezatke/lfs.html. I
> mailed the author and he said he was shooting for inclusion in Linux
> 2.3.

dtfs holds lots of promise mostly because its the closest to actually
working 8) and it is fully compatible with ext2. From what I remember you
just plug in 'fs personality modules' into dtfs and presto, you have
logging for XYZfs.

Aside from a real LVM (eg growable fs) the lack of a logging FS is the
last big hurdle towards Linux HA. There are lots of smaller hurdles though
8)

-Dan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.094 / U:1.288 seconds]