SubjectRe: apropos FibreChannel & Linux
   Date: 	Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:44:02 -0800 (PST)
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>

> I know of "linux/drivers/fc4/*" but it seems too customized for the SUN
> card.

It's a start, and FCP services should probably grow from there.

I think this is an unfair analysis of the fc4 layer, if there are
truly problems with making our fc4 code work to write non-Sun fibre
channel hardware drivers, please let us know specifics and we'll be
more than happy to fix them up. The intention was that this layer
would make it possible to write fibre channel drivers on any machine.

All I hear right now is something like "I see a lot of sparc ifdefs in
the code, it must not be feasible to use it on other machines".

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.376 / U:0.728 seconds]