SubjectDisk statistics tool for Linux ?
In a recent threat on linux-kernel, I read something like there wasn't anything
like sar or vmstat tools.

While should be doable using the /proc filesystem, I'm wondering about disk
activity statistics:

Using big database like Oracle requires a very fine tuning of disk activity, like
CPU wait I/O, disk percent I/O busy, I/O thoughtput on so on.

Do you think it can be done with Linux, as I'm planning to migrate some rather
big databases (some table with roughly 10^7 rows) from SCO to Linux, but I really
need those tools to administrate the databases correctly.

Ineed the rest of the tools, of course, is really needed too, as it is very important
to to have pertinent snapshots of both Oracle statistics and OS statistics at the same time...

Thank you for reading me

François Désarménien

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.053 / U:0.544 seconds]