SubjectRe: New snapshot of modutils
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 06:30:58PM -0500, Alexander Viro wrote:

> > > Please note that the depmod and modprobe utilities are back to C++.
> > > This is a result of a discussion in linux-kernel last week, and
> > > this is the way it has to be, in consideration of all involved.
> >
> > Err.. I didn't see a discussion. Maybe I'm not grepping for the right
> > things. Anyone?
>
> grep for "Alan's killfile" in body of the message and read the thread,
> just keep your barf-bag near - you'll need it.

Huh. I was reading that thread, but didn't see anything that would have
required switching to the C++ version. Really. Is rth just being cautious?

Alexander -- version 2 (?) of your rename patch seems OK here, but it probably
isn't getting much stress put on it. I rebooted into that version of the
kernel, then checked my mail to discover you'd released a version 3 :)

S.

--
"His mind is like a steel trap -- full of mice"