    SubjectRe: New snapshot of modutils
    Bjorn Ekwall wrote:
    > Here is part of the TODO-file:
    > - Upgrade modprobe and depmod with things that happened since modutils-2.1.23
    > - Verify that the current patches didn't break too much...
    > - Prepare for merging modprobe with insmod (too much duplication right now)
    > - Cleaner handling of multiple invocations of insmod
    > - Collect and merge more patches

    What is the situation re persistent data?

    There was one attempt to provide a built-in database service for a
    to write items at unload time and reload at load time. Or one can
    post-install and pre-remove for doing this but we do not have a standard
    recommened way for this. We probably need a standard
    format that one can read/write to maintain continuity of service for
    the module.

    I assume here that I do want the module to be unloaded/loaded and
    not lose any settings (that maybe my post-install used, or my
    thus allowing transparent unload/reload, so idle-unloads carry far
    less risk.

    Eyal Lebedinsky (

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.022 / U:2.408 seconds]