    SubjectRe: Weird tcp performance differences with 2.0 and 2.2 kernels
    Date
    In article <cistron.m3n22i9md3.fsf@muc.de>, Andi Kleen  <ak@muc.de> wrote:
    >So far nobody has shown that there is any bug in the VJ compression
    >on the Linux side. It would very likely not only hurt ISDN sync ppp,
    >but async PPP too (they share the same vj compression routines), and if
    >that was broken we would see tons of reports (which we don't). I
    >would say that it is much more likely that the other end is to blame,
    >until proven otherwise.

    I have tested both async PPP and ISDN, and the problem only shows up
    when using ISDN. async PPP with a 33k6 modem runs A-OK. All configs
    are otherwise the same, same ISP etc.

    I only have problems with ISDN, and can fix them by either turning
    off VJ or TCP timestamps. Async PPP has no such problem.

    Mike.
    --
    Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?