SubjectRe: Weird tcp performance differences with 2.0 and 2.2 kernels
In article <>, Andi Kleen  <> wrote:
>So far nobody has shown that there is any bug in the VJ compression
>on the Linux side. It would very likely not only hurt ISDN sync ppp,
>but async PPP too (they share the same vj compression routines), and if
>that was broken we would see tons of reports (which we don't). I
>would say that it is much more likely that the other end is to blame,
>until proven otherwise.

I have tested both async PPP and ISDN, and the problem only shows up
when using ISDN. async PPP with a 33k6 modem runs A-OK. All configs
are otherwise the same, same ISP etc.

I only have problems with ISDN, and can fix them by either turning
off VJ or TCP timestamps. Async PPP has no such problem.

Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?