SubjectRe: SCSI CDROM on 2.2.1
Jens Axboe wrote:

> Dan Boger wrote:
> > HD, but whenever I try to access the cdrom I get:
>
> I missed this. Whenever you use eject or whenever you
> access the cdrom at all?

Here the same message (no medium found) pops up when there's no CD in
the drive; eject won't work and it prevents ascd from starting as well.

My card is an Advansys, I have a Pioneer 32x CDROM and a Mitsubichi
"Chemical" (Ricoh 6200 mechanism) CD writer. No other peripheral is
attached to the card, SCSI CDROM support is compiled as a module.

I suspect the bug/feature is in the SCSI CDROM handling code, as I can
reproduce it on both of these drives easily.

--
fg

"Computers are like air conditioners - they stop working properly when
you open Windows"