    SubjectRe: rmdir of one's pwd (was Re: rmdir of a busy directory)
    Date
    Matthias Urlichs wrote the following:

    > Ralf Corsepius <corsepiu@faw.uni-ulm.de> writes:
    > >
    > > This fragment relies on rmdir(1) failing when $file contains "."- So the
    > > actual problem is gcc/fixincludes requiring "rmdir $LIB/." to fail (Of
    > > cause this can easily be worked around by modifying fixincludes, but is a
    > > different topic).
    > >
    > So get it fixed. Replacing "find ." with "find *" should work nicely.

    Unless, ofcourse, you also want to 'find' through any hidden
    files and dirs in that directory, or, that directory is so
    large that it wont fit in any of the buffers it would have to.

    (I've had the problem in the past where grep blah * would fail
    cos there were jsut too many files in the current dir)

    --
    CaT (cat@zip.net.au) URL: http://www.zip.com.au/dev/null

    An electricity provider of New Hampshire, US has advised it's customers
    that in the event of a power failure they can log on to its website for
    more information... - Paraphrased from the New Scientist, Feb 6, 1999

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.020 / U:2.088 seconds]