    SubjectRe: fsync on large files
    Simon Kirby writes the following:
    >There's no way in hell I'd run syslogd with fsync() enabled on a machine
    >that longs anything more than 1 line per minute. Disable fsync()ing in
    >syslogd by prepending "-" to each log file you want to turn it off for.

    I know that, and I've already done that as a temporary solution. But syslogd
    syncs every line written for a good reason, namely that if the machine
    crashes you don't want to lose the last few lines that were logged. They are
    the most likely place to look for suspicious happenings. So I want a proper
    fix, not a "disable the safety feature" kludge.

    Alan Curry

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.019 / U:3.468 seconds]