    SubjectRe: Portable binary modules
    Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
    > (Note, I didn't want this for a "binary only" module. I just want to
    > be able to compile a module exactly _once_, not once for each
    > workstation I administer.)

    For easier maintenance, you should be installing the same kernel image
    for all your workstation anyway. So no matter how the module is designed,
    you will only need to compile it once, during kernel build.

    When you need to add module, you just need to compile the module on your
    reference machine and apply it to all the workstations without re-compiling
    the image. The worse case scenario is that you need to replace the kernel
    image together with the module. I don't think binary compatible module
    will simplify things much.

    Bernard Wei -o) o) o) /\\

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.019 / U:16.316 seconds]