    SubjectRe: [patch] Re: setitimer lowlatency-2.2.13-A1 questions
    On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, William Montgomery wrote:

    >On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    >> >This allows me to see the irqdis_nobh in my ktrace, however, I never
    >> >do see it. [..]
    >>
    >> That's fine because you must not see it. If you see it it means it should
    >> BUG() or you won't be able to achieve the best latency.
    >>
    >What is BUG()?

    BUG() in 2.3.x is a nicer way to say *(int *)0 = 0 (and BUG() probably
    will work also if the virtual address zero is mapped to a valid physical
    page but that's not an issue for most code).

    >Sorry, not anymore. I have new test results and I will provide a plain
    >(mostly) ktrace dump. I did not enable CPU info since I am not SMP.

    Fine thanks. I'll look into it ASAP.

    >Why are the hex addresses interesting?

    Because with hex I understand without possible mistakes where the CPU was
    running inside do_IRQ. (I don't need the System.map if the trace is long
    enough)

    >Will enabling CPU info be useful in my case?

    No, the trace you sent should be just fine. I didn't known you was UP (and
    the CPU info will never harm so I suggested you the safe way ;).

    Andrea

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.022 / U:0.828 seconds]