    SubjectRe: CLAPI....pronounced "CLAY PIE" (Re: Binary drivers)
    Andre Hedrick writes:
    > On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Stephen Frost wrote:
    > > Come up w/ the API. Develop the code. Modify the current
    > > driver set (completely) to this new API. bug-proof it, test it, and
    > > prove that performance doesn't decrease any for any of those drivers.
    > I DID IT and discussed it for about 15 minute with Linus at
    > LinuxWorld. The context of that discussion is closed, but the
    > concerns addressed to me by Linus have be nailed down.

    Could you at least let us know if Linus was positive or negative about
    your scheme? If the binary compatibility proponents knew that there is
    something being worked on, and that it stands a reasonable chance of
    being included in the kernel, it would take a lot of the heat out of
    this debate.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.037 / U:8.872 seconds]