    SubjectRe: Linux headed for disaster?
    > What I am trying to get across is that binary portable modules help
    > to solve driver compatibility problems when you do new releases of
    > the Linux kernel. I am not trying to say that the source code should
    > be closed. Obviously the Open Source nature of the NCR 5380 driver is
    > what allows it to continue to be supported.

    I've been helping maintain the Linux kernel for six or seven years. I don't
    believe a word of your claim. Things like vmware are a problem, the et inc
    modules were a problem, oss has its problems. And thats despite the fact
    OSS especially, and also to an extent ET worked hard on chasing bugs

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.021 / U:94.040 seconds]