SubjectRe: Linux headed for disaster?
> What I am trying to get across is that binary portable modules help
> to solve driver compatibility problems when you do new releases of
> the Linux kernel. I am not trying to say that the source code should
> be closed. Obviously the Open Source nature of the NCR 5380 driver is
> what allows it to continue to be supported.

I've been helping maintain the Linux kernel for six or seven years. I don't
believe a word of your claim. Things like vmware are a problem, the et inc
modules were a problem, oss has its problems. And thats despite the fact
OSS especially, and also to an extent ET worked hard on chasing bugs

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.094 / U:8.004 seconds]