    SubjectRe: Toshiba Satellite 2595XDVD

    On Fri, 3 December 1999, Alan Cox wrote:
    > > hardware problem, as I suspected, with Toshiba notebooks, are you (the
    > > guy maintaining that part of the kernel) going to patch the kernel for
    > > this? I mean - it's silly to fix in kernel hardware problems - but
    > > hey, this is the way things work nowadays, unfortunately...
    > Well there is one wya to help stop that, which is not to fix them. Actually
    > Im firstly interested to know if removing the keyboard BIOS calls in the
    > arch/i386/boot/setup.S makes any difference, or in setting a sensible repeat
    > rate there.
    That was my first call as well. No, it doesn't make any difference.
    I tried both by removing the int 16h call (with ax=0x0305, bx=0) and
    trying with different parameters. No luck... It's obviously a
    hardware problem, somebody saw it happening in windoze...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.018 / U:1.032 seconds]