SubjectRe: Can't hardlink in different dirs. (BUG#826)
On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Richard Gooch wrote:

>What? Having group write on the directory? No thanks.

You can't hardlink a directory.

I'll tell another way that will let you understand correctly for sure.

I want that the i_link of an inode can be changed only by an user that has
write permissions on the inode. I don't care if the permissions cames from
the uid/gid/other settings in the inode.

I don't want an luser to increase the i_link of my inodes that he doesn't
have permission to change, to read to execute and to write.

>AFAICT, the only reason to restrict hard links is to make some FS
>easier to implement. Personally, I think that's a loss for that

Doing the additional permission check in the VFS won't make things
simpler.

Andrea

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:1.551 / U:0.184 seconds]