    SubjectRe: Unexecutable Stack / Buffer Overflow Exploits...
    nanook@eskimo.com (Robert Dinse) writes:

    > To the person that said most modern clients are smart enough to change UID
    > before accepting user input, I have to ask, how many times have you had to
    > upgrade sendmail, bind, ftpd, popd, imapd, rstatd, rlockd, portmap, ....
    > because of buffer overflow exploits that keep popping up?

    One question always comes to my mind when I read those security
    advisories (especially when they deal with software which has
    `security' on its feature list): Why are people using C for project
    which explicitly aim at security, although experience has shown that
    it is extremly difficult to write secure software in C? Why don't they
    use a programming language in which buffer overflows cannot happen?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:3.383 / U:0.112 seconds]